Monday, July 23, 2012

Anniversary


Two weeks ago my wife and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. As I’m sure most couples do on their anniversaries, we talked about how quickly times has flown by, about all that we have been through together during those years, and about our wedding.

We had a great wedding, like a scene from a movie. The reception, the ceremony, the decorations—it all was beautiful. But for me I will always remember the realization that Alicia would no longer just be my girlfriend or fiancé, but that she would be my wife.

It seems that Isaiah played off of that realization when he wrote, “as a groom rejoices over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.”

I am proud to call Alicia my wife, but more than that God is proud to call her His bride.  In many places the Bible makes the comparison to the church being the bride of Christ, but we must remember that not every person makes up this bride.

Only the ones who are willing to commit their entire lives to the Groom get to be His bride.

If you have done that, Jesus rejoices over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment