Monday, July 23, 2012

Crazy


My friends from the Christian rock band My Heart’s Cry just released a new EP, and one of the tracks is called “Crazy,” which does a great job lyrically of summing up the Christian life.

Part of the chorus says, “Oh, some people think that we’re crazy for the way that we’re living, but I don’t mind, I don’t mind.”

That chorus is in contrast to the verses which describe people of the world: a girl who strives to be thin and have nice jewelry, a gambler whose goal is to win big, a working man who wants the American dream and all its toys, a drunk, etc. For a Christian, when we choose to separate ourselves from the passions of this world, we will look crazy in the eyes of the world.

And what exactly is it that makes Christians choose to be so different from the world? As the bridge of the song says, it is our faith. If we truly put our faith in Jesus Christ then we will believe Him when He says in I John 2:15, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”

If you are a Christian and you do not look crazy to the non Christians around you, then something is wrong. Jesus called us to live a radically different life than the world. I’m proud to say that some people think I’m crazy.

And I don’t mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment