Monday, July 23, 2012

Back to School




I was walking through a store last night and I could not help but notice all of the back to school supplies. When I was a student I always enjoyed getting those new supplies, even though I didn’t necessarily enjoy school. Now that my school days are behind me, I still kind of wished I could get a few school supplies.

While I am glad that I don’t have to sit in a classroom anymore, my time of learning is not yet complete. We need to constantly learn new things as we adapt to our culture and its ever changing technology, job responsibilities, and language. But more than that, as Christians, we need to be constantly learning more about God and His Word.

You might be thinking that your days of learning about God ended when you graduated from AWANA or children’s church. If that is the case, then you need to go back to school. Give yourself a homework assignment to learn theology; write a book report over John; brush up on your (Old Testament) history.

Maybe you need some back to school supplies. Get a study Bible, a commentary, a journal, and pen. But whatever you do, make sure that you are spending time with God through prayer and reading His Word. The Spirit can’t wait to teach you!

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
II Timothy 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment