Monday, July 23, 2012

Undefeated



Fall is coming upon us, and for many of us that means one very important thing: another season of football is here. As teams have spent the past few months preparing for the season they all have the same goal, and that is to win it all. These coaches and players have put in blood, sweat, and tears in hopes of having that perfect season, going undefeated, and finally, holding up that championship trophy.

I wish that more Christians had that same drive and determination as they live their lives. I wish we would invest time in reading God’s Word and trying to live our lives like Him. After all, with God on our side, how can we ever lose?

Psalm 62:6 says, “He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense. I shall not be moved.” When the Psalmist said he will not be moved he was saying that he cannot be shaken, or as one translation puts it, I will not be defeated.

There is an old adage that says defense wins championships, and this psalm says God is our defense.

It looks like it is going to be a great season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment