Monday, July 23, 2012

Overflowing



The other night I had one of those good waiters that can really make a dining out experience better. He never let my glass get empty, and maybe just because it was a slow Monday night, but it seemed that every time I took a sip he was right there with a pitcher to top me off.

I don’t like to sit at a meal with an empty glass. That is why I share in David’s joy that “my cup runneth over (Psalm 23:5).” God has blessed each of us so far beyond what we ever deserve. With God there is no debate on whether the glass is half empty or half full; it isn’t half anything. God has richly blessed each of us, but that doesn’t mean that we will never have a bad day, never lose a job, or never get a bad doctor’s report. It just means that God is meeting our needs.

If you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back, food in your stomach, and spare change on your dresser, you are in the upper 2% of the world’s wealthy. There are 360 million people in America, and some 6 billion people in the world; that means that 98% of those 6 billion have far less than we do.

James 1:17 reminds us that every good gift comes from God, so be sure to thank Him today for making your cup overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment