Monday, July 23, 2012

Liberty



This past week we celebrated Veteran’s Day, which was a time where we say thank you to all the men and women who have worn the uniform and fought to make and keep us free. The selfless bravery of these people brings liberty to people like me. I have never served in the armed forces, but I am free today because of the ones who have.

I am so thankful for the veterans of this great nation for all that they have done for me. But there was another person whose selfless sacrifice has set me free. Jesus received His orders from the Father and He carried them out. Jesus laid down His life on the cross on that first D Day—the day of Defeat for the Devil. And even though I will not face the cross, I can still be counted as free because of the One who did.

Galatians 5:1 tells us to “stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” No American would give away the liberty that he enjoys, and no Christian should either. If Jesus has set you free, then stand fast in that liberty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment