Monday, July 23, 2012

Royal Wedding



There is a lot of buzz surrounding the Royal Wedding set to take place in London this week. No, I did not receive an invitation. But what if I did? What if I got an invitation by mistake and decided to show up? Even if I ended up at the ceremony I would have no right to walk right up and start talking sports with the prince.

But what if the prince were my cousin? That would change everything. I would not only have the right of access, but I would also have the boldness to talk to him like we know each other.

While I never advocate this notion of referring to Jesus as my homeboy like we are equals, I don’t want to go to the other extreme and forfeit the access God has granted those of us whom He has adopted. Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

People like the Royal Wedding story because an ordinary girl was invited into royalty because of the love of the prince. But we have been invited into the Royal Family because of the love of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment